Monday, June 18, 2012

Finals, Lolita Goods, and Cake. Mm.


Today I realized that college life is hard, and it's only going to get more difficult!

I took an accelerated composition course, and it really put me through the ringer! I felt like I was writing essays every day,  and I really did put a lot of effort into it. Still, I ended up with a B, and I'm quite glad that I put as much effort in as I did, because I couldn't imagine ending up with a C! I'm just too OCD for that.

My final was today. I needed a high score on it to get an A, but about halfway through, I realized that my scores were not saving to the server, despite the browser reporting just the opposite. I had to copy the answers one by one into a new browser to save them, and it cost me enough time that I didn't finish the last 5 questions on the exam. I wasted even more time trying to answer a question that required me to access a website. Since I couldn't access the website, I thought I was having more computer problems, and after tinkering around for a bit trying to resolve the issue, I discovered that the website was down entirely. Who requires you to access a website on an unstable server during your exam? ASU English department, that's who.

The bad news is I'm sure I didn't even get a B on that exam. The GOOD news is, since I put such tremendous effort into the class as a whole, I didn't even have to take the exam to get a B. Hooray for small victories!

The trouble of taking the exam rewarded me with an anxiety attack, so after a good, long nap, I got up, bought myself some things on the internet to cheer myself up, and started crafting. Also, I got some packages in the mail today, and one was from Holley Tea Time....


Sorry for the cruddy shot! Basically I bought a T-shirt with an ice-cream cone print, and some printed tights from Holley Tea Time this week. I got a penguin resin necklace, a button, and a piece of art the size of a postcard as my free gift. To the right there is two pairs of socks I bought to go with some newer Lolita dresses I bought.

Other interesting things that happened this week? I made a cake for a friend of mine's kid. :) The theme was Minnie Mouse, so I made a Minnie Mouse Playhouse cake (inspired by Micky Mouse's Play House). I wasn't sure about the colors of the party goods, so I just made it as colorful as I could.



So those were the highlights of this week, so far. After a full weekend of working at the bakery, I'm still pretty tired. Alas, I have school tomorrow and should be getting to bed. Perhaps I'll post a Lolita wardrobe post or something soon!

Thanks for reading! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment